Many businesses these days are asking themselves if email marketing is really worth it, and the answer is YES! One of the top benefits of email marketing is that it has the highest ROI (return on investment) of all forms of marketing, averaging about $42 in return for every $1 spent.
But ROI isn’t the only reason why email marketing is worth your time and investment. The importance of email marketing comes down to it being a cost-effective solution that gives you the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day — their inbox.
Unlike other marketing channels, email allows you to keep in touch with your customers on a consistent basis. Not only is each email an opportunity to connect with your subscribers, but it’s also an opportunity to further cement your unique brand identity in their minds. When done properly, email marketing can be an extension of your brand by providing a high-quality design that leads your customers through an experience, from awesome product photography to showcase your services.
The bottom line is that you should be communicating with your customers consistently. That is just what is expected of businesses in today’s world. With email marketing, you can meet those expectations and more by creating a mutually beneficial relationship between your business and your email subscribers.
10 Fun & Helpful Email Marketing Tips:
1. Always Put the Reader First – No one wants to listen to a brand talk exclusively about itself. Brands that solve problems for people, though? Those are the ones that get heard.
2. Experiment With Emojis – Emojis are more than just fun illustrations. They can actually help improve opens on emails. In fact, a recent study shows that brands using emojis have seen a 56% increase in their unique open rates.
3. Use Power Words – Subject lines should inspire readers to take action. So, include power words, that motivate audiences to open and click. Some examples include free, sale, new, % off, exclusive, and many more.
4. Create a Curiosity Gap – Who doesn’t like a good tease? Leverage your reader’s curiosity to make them click through from an irresistible headline to the actual content.
5. Less is More – Guess what the #1 reason people unsubscribe from emails is? It’s because the sender emails too often. Email frequency is something subscribers care about. A lot. So know your audience and always provide the utmost value in every email.
6. Include One CTA (But Don’t Be Afraid to Include It In Multiple Locations) – Here’s a simple tip that can help increase clicks; if one CTA doesn’t entice clicks, there’s a chance the next one might.
7. Sell Benefits, Not Features – Generally speaking, customers care more about how your product or service benefits them or makes their lives better rather than what features your service or product offers. For example, a larger vacuum isn’t better because it’s larger; it’s better because it means the customer can spend less time vacuuming!
8. Avoid Generic Templates – That’s all there is to this tip. Keep it fresh and just say no to generic templates.
9. Send Email at the Best Times for Most Opens and Clicks – The best time to send an email will differ depending on your audience. But, there’s been plenty of research done to give us some solid starting points.
10. Keep It Brief – Every word and sentence in your email should serve a clear purpose. If it doesn’t, then remove it. Don’t bore your readers with the details, less is more!
Are you looking to connect with your audience to promote your brand? Have questions about email marketing or want help with your email marketing? Visit us online at thebarkfirm.com or contact us today to learn more about our services.